Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Weigh In/Weekend Confession: Beach Edition

Last Week: 126
This Week: 125.8
Difference: -0.2
Maintenance: SUCCESS!

Not too bad for someone who stopped tracking sometime around Thursday afternoon!  So yeah, it's been a rough week again. Lots of end of year celebrations STILL going on (and in this upcoming week too! I've got 3, yes, THREE luncheons to attend this week! Eek!) and summer is kicking off at the beach.

Even though I tracked everything Monday through Wednesday last week, I still wasn't making the best choices.  In fact, I know I would have gone over points had I continued to track (I was nearly over points when I stopped tracking on Thursday afternoon).

For whatever reason, I've been unmotivated to choose the right foods. I've been slipping back to my bad sugar habits (eating sugary things during the day) and I've yet to kick my Starbucks addiction.

Then there's the beach on the weekends and that means bread, butter, sea salt and drinks, drinks, drinks!

I love the beach and the boat. It's my favorite time of year. Nothing beats the smell of salt water and feel of the sun on your skin :) I am truly blessed to live in an area that affords me access to the ocean beaches every summer.

But being on the beach seems to make me want to throw any dietary plans out the window! LOL

Maybe that salt water does something to my brain :P

And that brings me to my weekend confession:

Bless me Jean Nidetch for I have gone off program!

Friday night was another end of year party with drinks and a buffet. For drinks I brought my own - light beer - so not too bad. But then I snacked on lots of chips and helped myself to a pretty significant amount of food at the buffet. Salad, penne, beef & broccoli, baked clams - oh my! It was delish, but not very healthy.

Saturday's breakfast started out well - banana strawberry oatmeal. Lunch was okay too - turkey and swiss on a roll with mustard. But for lunch there were also 3 beers! And then dinner was a cheese burger on the grill (at least it was a turkey burger with low fat cheese) and a hot dog (also low fat). A shared bottle of wine and, of course, bread with butter and sea salt rounded out the night.

Then Sunday started out well. Breakfast on the beach is always fresh fruit and maybe a mini bagel. Lunch was a PB&J. Dinner was pizza take out (too tired after being in the sun all weekend to cook!) and dessert was tea and a WW brownie.

Fortunately my Dad doesn't like to make a big ta-doo about Father's Day so I didn't have to worry about another big meal for that holiday.

All in all I made some good choices, but I think the bad choices out weighed the good. Still, I have been maintaining pretty easily and I am grateful for that.

It would be nice if one weekend I didn't have to confess my off program "sins" and stayed on program... This upcoming weekend is NOT it! It's the last week of school and I will absolutely be celebrating and enjoying myself!

Then it's Fourth of July... It's always something! LOL

So my goal this week is to stay pretty strictly on program until the weekend. That will be tough with the upcoming luncheons, but I am going to do my best to make the best choices possible.  My activity goal this week is to try and work out at least two days again. I did two days last week (the second day my knee felt a little sore so I stopped at two days) and I'd like to meet that at the very least this week.

I will also make it a goal to make it to my meeting this week. I know I missed it last week, but I was super tired. Hopefully I'll feel a little more well rested tomorrow :)

And that's about it! So until the weekly meeting topic post on Wednesday...

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...