Friday, June 4, 2021

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak + (unpaid) She Fit Bra review

Two weeks down and 7 to go!

This morning I completed my second week of my third round #9WCF and here are some thoughts - 

In most ways I made improvements. Either I increased the weight I used, increased my speed in density and Tabata rounds, or both. The one thing I did differently was to move my rest day from Thursday to Saturday effectively meaning that I did a workout straight through Monday - Friday.

I did not like it lol. When I did my first two rounds I took the rest days as prescribed by the calendar and I know they are in the right place at the right time. This week my body felt fatigued going into Thursday and Friday. I was thinking that for the summer I might do M-F and take the weekends off for boat/beach/backyard BBQ stuff, but now I'm not so sure lol. I will need to try it again next week though because I have another busy weekend ahead.

You'd think I'd be getting bored of these but I'm totally not! I love the format of the workouts (they go so FAST) and I'm loving the gains in strength that I am making. I am doing shoulder fly's with 10 pound weights - something that was inconceivable just a year ago.

Now, on to item number 2 - my totally unpaid, non-monetized review of my She Fit sports bra.

I will admit that I've been seeing these pop up in my social media feed for quite some time. I even saw their episode on an old rerun of Shark Tank. But when I saw the price tag I balked. They are not cheap, not even a little. And I thought, they look good, but geez, are they worth it?

So I tried to find other, less expensive sports bras, none of them being really great, but they were doing the job.

Then a friend of mine was like - oh yeah, She Fit is awesome and they are pricey but worth it! They are the only sports bra I will wear. 

Ok, that was a glowing endorsement so I figured I'd try one and see if I liked it or not. They have a money back guarantee so it was minimal risk if it sucked.

Fast forward to today where I now own 5 - yes 5! - of them! And my friends was right. They're the best. Amazing support, fully adjustable (so if I happen to gain a few pounds or lose a few more they will still fit), and easy to clean (they even come with their own laundry bag for safe washing machine use!).

All in all I definitely recommend them. They are worth the hype for sure. 

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...