Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1!

These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the workouts to be fun. Looking back at the first round I did back in January I am improving all around. I'm using heavier weights, getting in more rounds and reps, and feeling more flexible (thanks evening stretches!)

I haven't lost any weight (and I haven't busted out the measuring tape in a bit so I have no idea about inches) but I feel like I may be at the maintenance point of my life. 

If you read my earlier post, you know that I've been struggling with that 2 pound difference between the number where my body seems to be living right now, and the number I have in my head. But this week I decided to ease up on myself and switch to maintenance mode. So I guess, I'm at "goal" - at least for now.

But regardless of what the scale says, I'm so happy with what my body can do. I'm feeling sore in all the right places and my fitness is improving.

I will say this about the program as it's written - this week I once again moved my rest days so that they are both on the weekend - meaning I did a workout every day M-F. I still don't like it lol. Like I said last week - I feel like the rest days are in the right place for a reason and I am definitely more sore doing all the workouts five days in a row. But for now, with the summer starting to pick up, it's looking like I'll want to keep my weekends open, so M-F it will have to be. I will probably get used it...

I'm really looking forward to phase two next week!

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...