Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday Fitness: #9wcf Off the Wall, Phase 3, Week 3

 Wow! I have one more workout to go and I'll have finished 9 weeks of Off  the Wall!

Here are my reflections on the program as a whole.

1 - I definitely got stronger. Moves that were challenging at the beginning are not so much anymore. I was able to complete more rounds and reps week after week.

2 - Repeating the workouts was beneficial in that I could truly compare week to week the gains I'd made in strength and stamina. 

3 - Repeating the workouts was a bit boring by week 3. BOD has spoiled me with real time workouts.

4 - You are sore! Because the moves are alllllll with dumbbells, you don't put the weights down and you definitely feel more DOMS

5 - I can move faster with Off the Wall than the original #9wcf because you're not fumbling around with the equipment as much.

6 - I like the equipment better. I like the variety and the different kind of challenge it brings to the program.

But all in all I really enjoyed the program because I really like the DCT-T style of training. The workouts are fun and fast, and you don't really realize how much you worked until you feel it the next day. Then you stop and do the math and say "Oh, I did six rounds of 10 reps of Buddha squats - that's like 60 Buddha squats in 12 minutes!" Plus the other four moves you did in those rounds! You're working a LOT in a short amount of time. It really is genius. 

When I did Morning Meltdown, most days I felt like I had to double up, or I wasn't really getting a good workout for the day (or at least not good enough to justify wrestling into my sports bra lol). With #9wcf, those 30 minutes leave me on the floor and it's definitely enough. The only days I think I might add on with the next round (yes, I'm repeating it for another 9 weeks!) is adding a bonus ab workout to the tabata days. And that's only because I finally feel like I'm strong enough to actually do something else after tabata. Especially since in the original phase one has a reverse tabata.

The next round will be back to the original "on the wall" #9wcf. I'm looking forward to going back to the equipment. The first time I did the original back in January, I used the lighter resistance band and kept my step on the lowest level for all of phase 1 and some of phase 2. This time, I'm starting with the heavier band, and I have an even heavier band on deck. And, I'll be starting with the step on the third and highest level right from day 1. 

If you're a BOD subscriber I highly recommend checking out #9wcf. Whether you do the original or Off the Wall, you're going to get a great workout.

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...