Thursday, March 4, 2010

Non Scale Victory

So, the alarm goes off at 5 AM (like it does everyday) so that I could work out in the morning before work. And I'm like, "Ugh. Too tired." I so wanted to hit the snooze and go back to bed for another hour. I actually stood there for 2 minutes debating the issue.

Then I said to myself - You will feel better if you do it, you will feel disappointed if you don't.

So I got dressed, went downstairs, and did my workout. Hard Core Fusion - 350 calories.

And, of course, I felt better. Duh.

Down another .2 today. I realized my issue w/ the WW scale this morning as well. I can't believe I didn't realize it, but when I weigh myself in the AM, I'm wearing my workout clothes - yoga pants and a sports bra. That's it. When I weigh in @ WW, I'm fully dressed. So I put a sweat shirt on over my sports bra and my weight went up by .6 lbs. So that's probably why I weight .6 - .8 more @ WW.

Breakfast this morning was yummy - had my plain yogurt, almonds, fiber one and raspberries. For lunch I packed a chicken hummus wrap and for snacks I brought LF cheese, an apple, and some celery sticks.

Tryin to stick to the clean eating when I can... Well, except for the cupcake incident yesterday. And I still plan to have my little sweet treat w/ my evening tea.

Oh - and I found a new brand of fat free half & half that's actually not nutritionally ridiculous. Skim Plus makes a FF half & half that's half milk, half skim milk, but w/ added protien to give it the right consistency and texture. Unlike the Land 'O Lakes that I was using. Ingredients: Fat Free Milk and Corn Syrup. Corn Syrup??? Ew.

So that's that for today. Not sure yet what's for dinner. Have a huge food challenge later - it's the Cultural Diversity celebration @ Tremont and one of the big parts of the evening is the food. Everyone brings food from the country they are studying. It's like a HUGE buffet. I think I'll eat my own dinner so that I'm not hungry or tempted.

And if I am tempted, I must fix the image of me in my black bikini in my mind and resist the temptation. It's all about your vision. Don't fuck with it!

I just realized that I should put that pic on my cell phone - this way I can look at when I'm on the go and I'm tempted by badness. That's a great idea! I'm doin' that tonight when I get home!

Ok - that's really it. I'll check in tomorrow...

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...