Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Been A Long Time...

Wow - it's been nearly a couple of years since my last post.

And I'm laughing at how I was talking about getting below 120 lbs. HA!

Let's see, the last two years I let my workouts dwindle down to zero times per week, I stopped tracking my points and I let myself gain back over 20 lbs.

Gee, when I say it like that it's utterly depressing...

But - I'm back on the right track. I am working out again, tracking points again, and I am already down about 5 lbs.

5 down, 15 to go...

But I know I can do this. I've done it several times before - I got this!

I hate how I let life get in the way, but at least I know how to be successful. It's just a matter of deciding to do the things I need to do.

So this week I am going out Saturday night for a little SOA reunion. Going out means drinks and calories - but I figure if I'm extra good during the week, I can totally handle Saturday night.

Yesterday (Monday) I did pretty good with food - It's going to be a bit harder this week being on vacation (and stuck in the house today b/c it's snowing) it's easy to sit around the house and snack - But I did okay with my choices. I also worked out with Dangerous Curves Ahead. I pushed myself to do the high impact moves and burned 577 calories as a result.

Today the plan is to do two workouts - one lower body sculpting and one upper body sculpting. My goals there are to use the heavy weights for both.

I also want to be able to do push ups on my toes again. Not that I could do many before, but I used to be able to do about 8 up on my toes. These days if I push out three or four I'm lucky.

I think I'll also go back to bloggin regularly about food and fitness. Even though I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who reads this, I feel like it's like a little diary and that it might help me stay on track.

So that's all for now. I can do it, I will do it, I am doing it!

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...