Sunday, April 6, 2008

Struggling

This weekend has been rough. First, I left my palm pilot home and stopped counting points on Friday. My DH's b-day was also Friday so there was bread and olive oil, dinner and dessert, and a bottle of wine. But it didn't help that I was totally weak and ate a cupcake and a garlic knot w/ lunch that I hadn't planned on!

So then last night was dinner in the Hamptons. Every year the east end hosts Hamptons Restuarant Week and there's tons of participating places. So every year we choose one and a bunch of us go out. So of course there's tons of food, plus the drinks which make you forget about what you're eating! I don't even want to think about it!

So today it's back on track. I am going to do the work out I'd planned on and then I am going to get my plam piolot synced up and keep track of my points. So far today I had yogurt and oatmeal, and coffee w/ creamer. Not a bad start. I just have to get the NI for the yougurt. And I did not measure my creamer as I usually do, but I am assuming by the lightness that it is close enough to what I usually pour.

So that's that. I guess you can't be on track every single day.

I think where I am going wrong is my discipline on other days. I totally used to be able to say that I'd be off track for a meal or just one evening event but stay on track the rest of that day even. Now I feel like well, I know I'll be off track at dinner so I may as well just eat whatever the rest of the day.

Terrible.

I gotta re-focus. I'm having some trouble with that these days. =(

I haven't been below 120 since before Thanksgiving. I am really struggling to get back to where I was. I want to see that 118 again. Maybe even 116. I gotta get back on track!

I have been trying to kick my workouts up a notch. I am trying to lift heavier and I am trying to stick with the high impact moves for the entire workout whenever I can. I am sore today for it too! I did Burn n Shape and my glutes are super sore today! Which is awesome b/c I haven't felt this kind of soreness in my rear for a while. So I must've been doing something right! And for that reason, I have decided to go back to eating my activity points when I earn them and I have also gone back to the maintenance level of points. I think that I was plateuing b/c I wasn't eating enough to keep up w/ my level of activity.

That or I just want an excuse to eat more! LOL

But I won't know if it worked this week b/c I have had two bad days/nights in a row.

That's okay. Each day is a new opportunity and I'm going to take today's opportunity to make good choices and work out. Fat Blasting Cardio! I think that's something I definately need!

So that's that. Okay, I'm feeling a bit motivated now. I think this week will be a good week. I'm psyched and ready!

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...