Thursday, January 10, 2008

what's it like...

to lose 3.6 pounds in a week?

fucking fantastic! plus, it's my period week! i totally didn't expect to lose that much!

yeah, that's right. totally back on track and lovin' it!

so, i've been using some new recipes, and have been having some great dinners. and left overs for lunch. i got the recipes out of Weight Watchers magazine - totally delicious.

And I've been good w/ the workouts too.

Today was a rest day, but earlier this week I did Cardio Overdrive from BSS 5, Supercharged Sculpting and Jiggle Free Abs from BSS 4. Tomorrow it's Ultimate Fat Burning Workout. And I have something scheduled for Saturday - I think it's a cardio and the Ab Sculpt from BSS 1.

So this is how I decided to make up my workout calendars. I started w/ BSS 1, and then went through each system. And then I just balanced out the sculpt/cardio-sculpt/cardio so that I had ample rest days when necessary. This way I rotate pretty evenly through my DVD's and I don't get bored.

I think my mind is in the right place - even thought there's been "tempting" foods all around, I don't really feel tempted.

I was saying this to my pud pud - it's not a matter of will power or temptation, but it's a matter of motivation. When I'm motivated, when I have a clear goal and am focused on it, there is no temptation. I don't look longingly at the cookies, I don't hear the call of the chocolate cakes, I don't care about them. I do think about what I'm going to eat all day so that I'm not hungry, but I don't really miss the junk. I have my points saved for my evening hot cocoa and Hostess 100 calorie packs, and that's enough for me.

Also, my pud pud has been feeling a little pudgy these days and he's been talking more about working out and dieting, and losing some weight. He wants to get a Total Gym. I think that'll be good b/c he can get his heart rate up while he's building some muscle. So I might have a buddy to work out with! Now if I could just get him to quit smoking...

Ah well, maybe that'll be next year's resolution. =)

So being back on track has been going well. Today I had some Fiber One cereal for b-fast. Lunch was left over roast turkey, potatoes, and arugula (Arugula? What's that? --- It's a Veg-it-able!). For dinner I took some more of the left over turkey and made a tasty and delicious sandwich! It had carrot slaw, mayo w/ hosin sauce, cilantro, and jalepenos! Thanx WW magazine!

So, I'll try and check in again soon. I like this blog (even though nobody reads it) - I think it is helping keep me on track.

3.6! Yay!

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...