Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Challenge of the Weekend

Well, there are always challenges in the life long weight journey. And Saturday night was one of them. It usually is.

I've been doing well, staying on program everyday. Saturday started out well. I had a big breakfast, planning on a small lunch, and then I did Cardio Sculpt Blaster followed by Ab Sculpt from BSS1. Then, my small lunch went exactly as planned. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and some Progresso Zero Point soup. Southwest vegetables - YUM!

Then came the question: What shall we do this evening? So we called a couple of friends who live upstate now and we met them in the city for dinner. We went to a great restaurant called Sushi Samba - it's japanese latin fusion. And that's when it all fell apart. They have this thing on the menu where you order a five or seven course meal and the chef just prepares whatever he wants - like whatever is freshest and whatever he's cooking the best that day. But, you can only order it if the whole table orders it - and so I ate it too.

I don't think it was all that bad though. The portions are quite small and the food is in general things that would be considered core probably - with a few obvious exceptions. But the first corese were these extremely thin slices of seared kobe beef in au jus. not terrible for you. I mean these slices were so thin that they probably weighed a half an ounce all together. The second course was seviche - which isn't terrible either. The third course was fillet mignon and red snapper w/ cream corn. again - not terrible. Fillet is very lean and I'd be surprised if it was more than four ounces or so. The cream corn was very small portion - maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup. The fourth course was sushi - very healthy. And even the dessert wasn't too bad. It was some sort of ice cream w/ apple chunks and plain gelatin, but a very small portion - again maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of a cup of it was ice cream - the rest was the plain gelatin and a little whipped cream on top. It was a very weird dessert though. Very weird.

And then we went to the bar - where I tend to drink a lot of calories. But that's not the worst of it - it was the peanuts. They give you tons of peanuts and I snacked and snacked away. But on the plus side by the time we got home I was sick and so I yacked a lot of them up. I guess if you can call that a plus side of being sick.

So at anyrate - Saturday night was off program. But no worries. Today I am totally back on track.

Breakfast was a bagel w/ cream cheese and egg beaters. Lunch was a buttered roll (light butter of course) and for a snack a WW 2 Point Blueberry Crumbcake bar. These things are outstanding. For dinner I'm going to make some pasta I think. I dunno yet.

But, that's the meaning of lifetime - you have to remember that you have your whole life and you can't let one day, or even one night, set you back. Besides, tomorrow - heck, even your next meal - is another chance.

No worries.

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...