Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Okay, let me start off by saying thank goodness for the Weekly Points Allowance because without that, I'd be in serious trouble.

I use the weekends at "rest" days from the FIRM tapes because I'm usually doing other kinds of activity - house work, yard work, etc. - so I don't earn any Activity Points on the weekends.

So, Saturday night we decided to go out to dinner - we had a $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant that we decided to use. It started out okay - I had a roll with a tiny amount of butter (infused with garlic - sooooo good!), and for an appitizer potato leek soup. But then I misunderstood when the waitress was reading the specials. All I heard was shellfish and angel hair pasta in white wine sauce. What I didn't hear was "cream" sauce. Uh -oh. When the food finally came out I didn't want to send it back because we waited a pretty long time to get the food in the first place. So I broke a cardnial rule of the Flex plan - I ate first and looked up points later. Oh man, oh man - 16 points just for the pasta! PLUS the points for the roll and the soup. Then, because I was off program anyway, we went for ice cream later that night and did I order one scoop of the fat free sugar free? NO! I ordered two scoops of regular, full fat, stick to your hips ice cream. Oh, but it tasted sooooo good!

All in all though I used about 20 of my weekly points allowance, leaving me with 15 for the rest of the week (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. My balance resets on Thurs.) I suppose it could've been worse.

So that was Saturday. Sunday, I'm glad to say was a little better. I made quesadillas out of some left over chicken and some low fat shredded cheddar I had laying around. A little salsa and reduced fat sour cream (never fat free - yuck) rounded it out nicely.

Today is going better as well. Cereal w/ milk and coffee for breakfast. A Fiber One bar for a mid-morning snack. BTW, if you haven't tried the Fiber One bars, RUN, don't walk to the supermarket because they are fantastic and filling (9 grams of fiber!!) And the last of my left over bow tie pasta w/ chicken, artichokes and sundried tomatoes for lunch.

I haven't worked out yet. As soon as I'm done with this I have to get back to the insane amount of reading I have for graduatee school. But I promisesd myself to work out by 3 at the latest. I think I will so a sculpt workout today - I haven't tried so many of my new DVD's. But I think I'll go for the sculpting workout from BSS 2 - I really enjoyed the cardio from that system, and I do like the sculpting stick. I find that those workouts are pretty good. I'm always feeling it the next day.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be checking in soon.

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...