Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wednesday Weekly

So this week's weekly topic is about boosting your body confidence.

I have a lot of confidence in my body.

I can lift weights and build strength. Strength that allows me to carry my 5 year old down the stairs, or strength that allows me to get a case of water into the car without help or injuring myself.

I look good in a two piece bathing suit.

My body created, carried, and nurtured another human being. And it blessed me with zero stretch marks!


But as much as I have confidence, I also lack confidence.

Sure I look good in a bikini, but not as good as I used to when I was younger. Some of my skin is lose from having a baby. And as I age, cellulite is starting to show a bit more.

Sure my body gave birth, but as I get older it's getting saggier.

Sure I can lift weights, but I'm losing flexibility as I age.

For every compliment we give ourselves, it's so, so easy to add that "but..."

Why is it so hard to love ourselves?

And then I look at my daughter. My beautiful, brave daughter, who has been dealing with food allergies all of her life and I wonder what makes some bodies work differently than others. What makes one person born one way or another. And I realize so much about our bodies is beyond our control.

I don't know that I have a point, or a lesson here. I just know that it's hard to see ourselves positively for some reason. But it shouldn't be that way.

Control the things you can, and let go the things you can't.

Eat healthy. Be fit. Live life.

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...