Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Weigh-in/Weekend Confession: "My-Kid-Brought-Home-Daycare-Germs" Edition

Ah those daycare germs. Gotta love 'em. NOT.

But let's get to the weigh in before I whine about my week last week...

Last week: 123.7
This week: 123.7
Difference: 0
Maintenance: Bullseye!

Wow! I have NO idea how the hell that happened!

So let me tell you about my week... Get some cheese cause you're gonna hear a little bit of whine...

Well, let me start with the positive first - Sunday I started P90X3. I am excited about this one - I just finished P90 (and yes it took me a lot longer than the 90 days with vacations and everything) and had great results. Most of all I felt stronger. But losing 7 pounds didn't suck either ;-)

This new one - it's hard. Not gonna lie. I would probably not recommend it for beginners (though there are modifications, they're more to tone it down from advanced to intermediate levels of fitness). But I like it. I'm hoping by the end of the 90 days to be able to do at least one unassisted pull up. Right now I'm using a chair and or resistance bands to get up there.

But the workouts were about the only thing positive about last week.  It all started last weekend when the little princess came down with a cold. Which I'd known was coming because her daycare teacher had mentioned that there were a lot of little stuffy noses in the classroom. She was worst on Saturday, better on Sunday and fine by Monday. And I'm thinking, "Well, that wasn't too bad."

Until Tuesday when I woke up with a sore throat. Ugh. Went to work anyway because I knew I'd have Wednesday off to rest if I needed it (gotta love the Jewish holidays!). Well, I needed it! Wednesday I felt awful. Stuffy head, sore throat, a touch achy, blah. Thursday I woke up and thought I felt a little better, so I went to work. It was apparent about 10 minutes after I got to work that I should've taken the day off because not only was I still stuffy and dealing with the sore throat, but the congestion had now moved to my chest and I now was able to add hacking cough to my list of symptoms. The bad news: no subs available to cover my classes. So I went out during lunch, loaded up on DayQuil, and toughed it out. Friday morning I came to my senses and called in sick.

Saturday I was finally feeling better. But even today as I write this I'm still a little congested. Ugh.

So, I was sick. Now, how does that affect me as a Weight Watcher? I'll tell you - I cease to be a Weight Watcher and instead eat whatever comfort food my little heart desires. I ate three boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese last week. I ate ice cream most nights for my throat. On the days I was working I stopped at Starbucks for either a full-fat latte or a full-fat frappuccino. I used my lack of tracking and wanting comfort as the perfect excuse to snack on some things around the house including coconut patties, reeses, m&m's...  I literally ate whatever I thought I would find comforting at the moment.

And somehow, the gods of the scale favored me with an even week. No loss, no gain. Status quo.

It was a brutal week. I'm just glad it's over.

Today is a new day! My points reset, and I'm ready to refocus. Gotta stay focused otherwise I can easily look at my week and say "Look! I ate like garbage and didn't gain! So I can do that all the time right?"  Ha ha ha... No.

So today I tracked everything. I ate my maintenance daily points and I ate back all but 3 of my FitPoints for a grand total of 42 points for the day. Not bad. Also got a workout in. It was HARD! But I did it!

This week will be better. I feel better.

Hope you have a great week too!

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...