Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monday Weigh In/Weekend Confessional: Delayed Edition

Sorry I missed yesterday... My schedule at work has been very topsy turvy the past two days.  I've not been teaching, but at the local university, sitting in their large library, scoring state exams. I barely had time in my day to go out for lunch let alone write a blog post, so my Monday post has been pushed back to today.  Also, because I was scoring today and am totally exhausted I will be skipping my weekly meeting for this week. But I'll get the meeting topic off the website and talk about that on Wednesday.

So let's get to it...

Last week: 126.2
This week: 125.8
Difference: - 0.4 lbs..

Maintenance: Success!

Last week involved a lot of finishing up the bathroom so that the tub can be installed (tomorrow! yipee!) so once again I barely had time to eat, let alone cook.  Even so I did try my best to make overall good choices. And, as you can see by my numbers, I did okay :o)

Except for Friday night! Girls night! Whoo hoo! I needed a night out! But more about that in my weekend confession ;o)

Saturday was a full day of plumbing, finishing the painting, finishing up the floor tiles, and installing the shower ring for the claw foot bathtub. We went out to Chili's for dinner (yum!) and then we came home and got right back to work.  It was a very long night. We got to bed around 2 AM.

Then Sunday was grouting, caulking, and installing trim and molding.  But everything is ready for the tub tomorrow.

Being that last night (Monday) was the first night in a few weeks that we didn't have to come home from work and get straight into a home improvement project, I did end up opening a bottle of wine and enjoying it with some bread, butter and red Hawaiian sea salt (best appetizer ever!). Plus, as I was scoring the state exam yesterday, I didn't pack lunch, I went out for lunch and had two slices of pizza.  So I was definitely way over pointsplus values for yesterday.  But as long as I'm good the rest of the week, it shouldn't be too hard to maintain.

Okay - on to the weekend confession!

Bless me Jean Neditch for I have gone off program!!!! Big time!!!!

Friday night was girls night IN! Rather than visit a loud, crowed, noisy restaurant, my friend Eileen was gracious enough to invite us into her home and bake for us a delicious lasagna! Of course there was garlic bread! There was also cheese and crackers, bread and sea salt, veggies and dip, fruits, cookies and brownie torte with fresh whipped cream and berries!  Oh, and did I mention the WINE?!? I didn't count, I didn't track, and I didn't even try! I had a great night and some really great conversations.  It was delicious in every way!

Saturday night, as I said, we went to Chili's and there the only splurge was the margarita. Everything else  was moderate in calories. Though I did go over the pointsplus for the day. (And not just because of the margarita - the food while a good choice from the menu was still a little high in points).

I did however track everything Saturday, Sunday and Yesterday even though the points were over and I got that big red negative number yet again.

But at least I was tracking!

Well, that's all for this week's Monday (day late) blog post. I will likely be on time for the rest of this week :o) So till tomorrow...

No comments:

Friday Fitness: 9 Week Control Freak End of Phase 1

And that's a wrap on Phase 1! These workouts really do fly by fast, and even though this is my third time doing it, I still find the wor...